Connect with us

DVI to component on a computer monitor?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by labelthief, Jan 12, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. labelthief

labelthief

Jan 12, 2010
    i bought a hava. it is a device to record what is happening on your television right to your computer. i bought it to record my xbox 360 games. the hava comes with component and audio cables which went into my xbox 360. after reading tutorials. you must also put three component cables into your television. this is the problem i ran into. i play xbox 360 on a computer monitor. it is a gateway FHD2402. the monitor only has (1) HDMI, (1) VGA, (1) DVI w/HDCP, (1) PC Audio jacks. so i have been searching online and have found some adapters for DVI to component cables. such as this:

amazon.com/DVI-I-RCA-Component-Cable-6ft/dp/B000Q6RL9Q

or

amazon.com/DVI-3-COMPONENT-HDTV-ADAPTER/dp/B00068NSZA/ref=pd_sim_e_2

so i was thinking i would buy both of these to try it out. anyone know if itll work for sure?

i have to select the source on my monitor. for instance when im playing xbox i have to select HDMI. or if im using my computer i select VGA. so if i was using DVI and HDMI at the same time (dvi to record with hava.. hdmi to play my xbox) i am just not too sure if ill be in luck. thoughts?

Ask a Question