Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Dvd disc froze, need help

D86

Oct 14, 2017
Hi i am not entirely sure where i can post this as i'm new here, so i hope this is the right spot and i can get some help with this.

I was watching Ride Clear of Diablo (old western favorite) and about 36 minutes into it if froze on my DVD recorder.
I then put the disc into my play station 3 and it said "error wrong region code" after pressing x to play it.
I tried play station 4 and fast forwarded to play at the 36th minute and it froze,
I pressed fast forward and the movie skipped slowly then managed to move forward a fair bit.
I would say roughly skipped a decent 10-20 minutes of the movie so i kept watching but really ruined watching it all together.

I was thinking of using DVD Decrypter to copy the image and make it and iso / region free and burn it as a backup disc.
Perhaps looking elsewhere is an option, but it's a rather old movie and doubt it would be easily bought.

By the way i haven't played it in a couple of years and the disc has no scratches so i am
stumped as to why this has occurred. Thanks in advance for any help given, very much appreciated.

the great potato

Dec 2, 2016
you could try having the dvd resurfaced usually like a buck or two at places that do that, or yeah ide say make a rip of it and burn a back up, even if you DL a copy and burn it Im pretty sure backing up something that you actually own isnt against any copyright laws...but i could be wrong. also did you try to run a Cleaner Cd in the dvd player, the eye might just be dusted up.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
There are FOUR instances of that movie currently listed on a not-to-be-mentioned 'bay' (and I don't mean 'e') if you need a source....:cool:

As mentioned, if you already own it I don't see an issue with downloading a 'repair' of it regardless of how/where you get it.

I've had some success using polishing compounds and buffing up the surface of dodgy DVDs but it's very speculative...