Connect with us

Dummy needs help!

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by CIRCUIT BREAKER, Oct 5, 2015.

1. CIRCUIT BREAKER

CIRCUIT BREAKER

Sep 19, 2015
    I bought a new AP camera SRICAM ID: MEYE-201988-EACEA wireless. The instructions say to plug the camera into your router,program and then unplug. This is my problem, I am using a Netgear MIFI router which has no ports to plug in anything. Can anyone help? Need detailed help. You don't have to call me dumb, I already know it ! Thanks in advance.
    Wayne

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    maybe you can just plug it into the Ethernet port for the purpose of programming it
    I assume you PC has an Ethernet port ... haven't seen one that doesn't and I assume that is
    where your router is currently connected to. Unplug the router and plug in the camera do the programming
    then unplug and do what ever else to set it up

Dave

3. CIRCUIT BREAKER

CIRCUIT BREAKER

Sep 19, 2015
    Dave thanks for the reply. The problem is the router has no ports and in no way cables to the computer. The camera has to be programed to the router this is the problem. I am not sure if I can program with the computer.
    Wayne

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    me neither ... that's why I suggested trying

else go to the manuf, www site for the cam and ask questions

Ask a Question