Connect with us

DualShock4 melted socket

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Locodan1995, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Locodan1995

Locodan1995

Jun 28, 2019
    hi , i have a problem regarding a DS4 (playstation controller) i was removing the analog stick and i accidentaly melt a part of the ribbon cable socket ( the one that goes from the charging port to the PCB , and i don´t really know the name of the socket, i tried several names but none seems to work , if you can help me with this name i will be very grateful ! thanks in advance

IMG_20190628_174642.jpg

2. 73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
    Sir Locodan1995 . . . . .

HELP ME ! . . . . . in interpreting your connectors condition.
    What I see there is a connector with its FAR end totally unaffected, with a total of 6 connection that mate into the board at solder pads at the bottom.
    Then there is the slot that the (unshown) flat ribbon cable should be pressed down into.
    The SLOT does not look to have been damaged and opened up to be any wider by the melt of the plastic on the close end, so that should not result in any side to side play in the alignment of the ribbon cable when plugged in .

What I can't figure out is the condition at the mid point and this end of that plastic shell. It looks like wires coming out that were made like generation 1 days of actual wire ribbon cables . Where there were side by side wires with the wires insulation being webbed together between adjacent wires.
    If so, is that multiple side by side wires coming out from inside of the connector ? And that being that same max of 6 wires . . .or less ?
    Got a picture with more or all of the surrounding board showing ?
    I could not identify this small section from other resources / references full photos.

73's de Edd . . . . .

There's a pizza place near where I live that sells only slices, and in their back kitchen, you can see a guy tossing a dough triangle up in the air.

Ask a Question