Maker Pro
Maker Pro

dual 1.5 K antilog potentiometer

jamaicajeff

Jul 4, 2013
I need to replace the input control pots on my computer audio board but can't find exact replacements for the dual 1.5K antilog PC mount controls. I can find a lot of dual 1K linear pots that will fit but I am not sure how they would work. I have found some info on adding a resistor to change the taper from linear to antilog but need more info. Can anybody help.

Last edited:

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Hi Jeff and welcome to the electronics point forums :)

You could get 2k log pots and operate them in reverse, i.e. fully clockwise is minimum gain. You would need to connect the wiper to the opposite end of the track.

A 2k pot will give a higher maximum gain. You could connect a resistor across it to reduce the maximum resistance, and/or get access to a lot of them and select ones that have relatively low end-to-end resistance (generally they have a tolerance of +/- 20%).

I would also try to repair the existing ones, if they're not completely broken.

The information you have on changing the taper by adding resistors may only work if the pot is used as a three-terminal device to attenuate a signal. In this case it's used as a variable resistor. But please post links to the information you found.