Maker Pro
Maker Pro

DSP/Amp Problem (Reversed Polarity)

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
I've got a 15 or 20A in-line fused #10 wire coming off a distribution block to feed this unit. I'll see if I blow that one first. Thinking back to when this happened I hooked up the 12V and remote in properly, hit the reset button and nothing happened other than the power light coming on for 15 seconds or so. I'm going to try and get this done tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks,
Rick
Sounds good. Keep us posted....
If you don't get 12V at Terminal1, start back-tracking closer to the battery and let us know voltage before and after the 15 or 20A in-line fuse, and voltage at the battery. Ideally, they will all be the same.

Riley1

Feb 3, 2016
You guys hit the nail on the head with the power supplies. Hooked the board up in the car and I have all the correct voltages from the terminals to the pins on U4 and all areas in between with jumper in or out and my display is functioning which is wasn't before. The only thing I can think fixed it was replacing D2 and D34 diodes.

Tomorrow I'm going to put it back together and hook everything up to the rest of the system and keep my fingers crossed it works. I'm very hopeful. Thanks again to both of you. I'll let you know tomorrow if all is well.

Rick

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
You guys hit the nail on the head with the power supplies. Hooked the board up in the car and I have all the correct voltages from the terminals to the pins on U4 and all areas in between with jumper in or out and my display is functioning which is wasn't before. The only thing I can think fixed it was replacing D2 and D34 diodes.

Tomorrow I'm going to put it back together and hook everything up to the rest of the system and keep my fingers crossed it works. I'm very hopeful. Thanks again to both of you. I'll let you know tomorrow if all is well.

Rick
Keep us posted, now that you have a stable input voltage, if you need to troubleshoot anything we know for sure it's a circuit problem.
Thanks for keeping us updated.

Riley1

Feb 3, 2016
Got it hooked up and it works great, no problems whatsoever. Thanks a lot to both Gryd3 and dorke for guiding my through this. I was close to taking a hammer to it.

Rick

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
Got it hooked up and it works great, no problems whatsoever. Thanks a lot to both Gryd3 and dorke for guiding my through this. I was close to taking a hammer to it.

Rick
That is great news.:)
It is a great feeling to help someone and get something valuable working again.
This is what EP is all about, isn't it?;)
Rick,congratulations on a work well done!

Riley1

Feb 3, 2016
That is great news.:)
It is a great feeling to help someone and get something valuable working again.
This is what EP is all about, isn't it?;)
Rick,congratulations on a work well done!

Couldn't have done it without your guys help.

Rick

shandev

Jul 19, 2021
would really appreciate it u can give me a little advice, so i hooked up my soundstream 5channel lil wonder 4 series amp wrong side as in polarity and it wasn't turning on after i check it then i open it an saw a little strip of wired burned out like the flat solder on the board it acted like a fuse i solder it back and now when i connec the amp its getting current cause i can hear the wire sparking which always happens when he amp gets current but i am not seeing no light an its not working still any help please thanks u really appreciate it or and I bypass the remote wire with the positive of the amp so idk if that negative current when hooked up wrong damages some remote system on the amp or the diode shorted but I only see filter caps where the on board fuse blew no large diode only smaller ones the zener diodes on the left but they don't connect to the positive I can email you a pic if u would like to see thanksss
Show less

shandev

Jul 19, 2021
here is the input side cant spot the reverse protection diode

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 4