Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Driving an electromagnetic passive SMD buzzer

Xenobius

May 15, 2012
Hi guys,

So I am looking at using one of these as a buzzer - nothing special. I was looking to see how to wire it up to a micro controller however there are so many circuits out there I am just clueless. Some connect a resistor in series, others connect a resistor in parallel and a capacitor in series, others just connect it directly to an arduino, others drive it with a transistor and resistor, etc..etc..

My Voltage - 2.64V regulated
The Buzzer resistance - 19.4 ohms
Attaching "datasheet"

All I want is a simple beep-beep-beep :)

Thanks
X

Attachments

• TB2hS4ebVXXXXbSXXXXXXXXXXXX-2142862553.png
    TB2hS4ebVXXXXbSXXXXXXXXXXXX-2142862553.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 153

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
A lot of questions here, such as why such an abnormal supply? Hardly high enough to drive most micros. Then the device, can you provide full spec sheet? Resistance and rated max current do not appear to allow for any direct connection to supply. Do you have programming skills? If all you need is a simple beep then surely there are simpler ways.

Xenobius

May 15, 2012
Fair enough, long story short I want to use a single cell lithium from 3.7v down to at most 3.1v maybe higher to protect it but for now 3.1v will do. So a low dropout variable voltage regulator needs at least .3v itself which lowers the voltage down to 2.8v. In my case I was able to get 2.64v using available resistors and my microcontroller is happy from 2.3v up to 5.5 something so I figured 2.64v is ok for the frequency that I need.

I bought this speaker which says that it can work from 2v upwards so that should be ok as well. All I need now is to understand how to wire it up so that I can control it.

Programming skills I believe have nothing to do but yes its my full time job... electronics is not as you can clearly see :)