Connect with us

donkey's diy

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by donkey, Jul 7, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    Just thought I would post something I have found and hope others add to it as they find out more
    Recently I built a small rc tank (it worked for a bit then died, i didn't realise the motors were too hardcore for the board) the custom build controller had an analogue joystick bought from a place that charged $13aus. I thought this was reasonable until I found the wii nunchuck has a very similiar stick, there are heaps of tutorials on how to get the signal, and I can buy them without waiting for them to be sent from a heap of places for $8aus. also it includes 2 buttons, an ergonomic feel AND its all soldered with a chord ready to go.
    a little research saved me $5.

if you can think of any other item I could hack a little to make a project (any project) that will cost me less please let me know.

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Old control pads from pretty much any game system... I was just in the local Salvation Army store the other day and they had about a dozen super NES game pads for some infrared cordless add-on system (not much good as is without the actual base station)... I was very tempted to grab them all just for the buttons and IR circuitry but passed... They wanted $2 each and they where brand new still in the box... I see stuff like that all the time when I swing in there...

Ask a Question