Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Does this video impress u guys or is it a FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratstar

Aug 20, 2018
Here it is, a guy put together an electrical machine - what do u guys think??

Kabelsalat

Jul 5, 2011
Since you ask - I'm thinkng - Why investing money on an actual computer to play CsGo and other games when you have that kind of toy to play with ? :D

ratstar

Aug 20, 2018
I want you guys to understand, theres a possibility that resistors actually are more powerful than transistors, u just need the right topology. But the problem is you just dont believe.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
resistors actually are more powerful than transistors,
Again, this makes no sense.
A resistor serves a purpose as does a transistor. They are a world apart.

I can make a 1N4007 turn into a zener. But who wants a zener effect at 90 or 100V. Use the appropriate tool for the job.
What’s your point?

Martin

ratstar

Aug 20, 2018
<comment removed, because its hopeless>

Last edited:

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
theres a possibility that resistors actually are more powerful than transistors, u just need the right topology.
Umm ... no. And note, it doesn't matter whatever you mean by "more powerful".

There is nothing in this video, and nothing in the producer's body of work, that indicate anything remotely like what you just said.

Yes, a center-zero meter will indicate when a Wheatstone bridge is balanced - that is a definition of the function of a Wheatstone bridge, which was invented almost 200 years ago.

Without a schematic it is hard to say for sure, but based on what was shown and said, this is a very basic "computer". I don't see any capability for inversion, multiplication, or true integration, all key elements of a contemporary (1930's) analog computer.

I like the way this guy thinks, and his work ethic. But I think you are reading into this video something which is not there.

ak

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
<comment removed, because its hopeless>
Hopeless maybe, but if you try explaining what you mean, we may understand.
My kettle is more powerful than my clothes iron. My clothes iron is more powerful than my soldering iron.

Martin

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
I guess if I use it correctly a transistor can look like a variable resistance in that it has controllable voltage and current.
That agreed, if a transistor can be a range of resistors, then transistors seem more versatile, but then if in any one place what I need is a resistor, a resistor might be a good choice.
Sorry, didn't really get what you were doing with the circuit above.
A bridge will balance when., well, in balance. That makes bridges truely nifty, I entirely agree, but not sure I'd call it a computer.
Semantics aside, I've had a lot of fun with analogue circuits. If you'd like to explain a little more, we might be able to share the wonder.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I want you guys to understand, theres a possibility that resistors actually are more powerful than transistors, u just need the right topology. But the problem is you just dont believe.

This is just totally wrong and silly

thread closed before it degrades even further

@ratstar , in future, please don't make such crazy comments :)

Status
Not open for further replies.