Connect with us

Does anyone know the name of this AC power cord adaptor?

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by Electricladyland, Jun 14, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Electricladyland

Electricladyland

Jun 14, 2018
    Does anyone know what this part is called? It is attached to a end of a AC power cord

Attached Files:

2. dave9

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
    There is no proper name per se, it's just a connector. The manufacturer could have chosen among many styles.

Are you trying to find a source to buy more of them or the mating socket for it? If all else fails, sometimes you have to settle for buying both a new plug and socket so you have a mating pair. If you want to try to find it online, one possibility would be Digikey.com , inputting into their parametric search the parameters such as 3 pins, whatever you measure the pin spacing to be, pin type and diameter (or thickness) and the connector shell dimensions. Next you'd wade through pictures unless there's a manufacturer's name or symbol on it to narrow it down some.

This type of connector is typically used on a device that has a power cord permanently attached. The cord enters the chassis, is mechanically fixed in place so there is no strain on it, then that plug would plug into a mating socket on a PCB, or on more wires. I'm sure that similar plugs have been used some other ways too but it is generally reserved for in-chassis use.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

AMP and Molex both make connectors of this style

4. dave9

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
    Come to think of it, that looks similar to my mains powered smoke detector plug, so not in-chassis... leave it to me to make a statement then prove myself wrong, lol.

5. KJ6EAD

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
    If you look closely at the end of the connector where the wires enter, there may be some useful markings.

Ask a Question