Connect with us

Do you know where to find this case and design?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Gerard, Jul 16, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Gerard


    Apr 22, 2015

    I'm probably not on the right forum but I don't know where to ask, I know electronics people sometimes know about this stuff. If I am offtopic at least tell me where to post please.

    I want to make a magnetometer, I like the desing of this instrument:


    I'd like you to know that that instrument is an scam, it doesn't work, it's just a case with a screen and a piece of software, but it doesn't work.

    I like the case for the screen and the folding handle. I'd like to know where can I find the pieces

    thanks for advance,

  2. kellys_eye


    Jun 25, 2010
    Could be something knocked out by a 3D printer or cobbled together using whatever parts they had at hand! I can see three or four possible individual cases/parts to that 'item'.

    Rather than seek to replicate what they did, check out the standard case ranges available with a view to hinging two separate items together OR consider paying to have one 3D printed anyway.
  3. Arouse1973

    Arouse1973 Adam

    Dec 18, 2013
    They probably had their own case made. If I was making something like that I wouldn't rely on a manufacturer to carry on making the cases in their product range. With that said if you only want to build one then OKW have some nice cases that might be of interest to you.
  4. AnalogKid


    Jun 10, 2015
    With the possible exception of the white rectangular box with the shorter antenna, that is all fully custom packaging.

    With those antennae lengths and orientation, it looks fake to me.

  5. Gerard


    Apr 22, 2015
    Thank you a lot, all your answers have been very helpful.

    I hadn't thought about the idea of using a 3D printer, that is a great idea.

    Thanks adam those okw boxes look interesting.

    AnalogKid, I'm completely sure it's fake, that's why I don't want to buy it but to copy it.

    Do you know where can I find a handle like that?

    Also, as far I have seen when I search for electronic boxes I still have found no box that can fold like that one, do you know how that is called? Foldable electronics box or how?

    Thanks a lot
  6. kellys_eye


    Jun 25, 2010
    Get a Gameboy (old or newer versions) and put the bottom part in a larger box - flip the top open to use.

    Plenty of hacks out there for reusing the Gameboy screen.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day