Connect with us

Do 32 input/1 input and gates exist?

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by Obiwac, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Obiwac

Obiwac

Feb 24, 2019
    I'm new here so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm searching for an IC that would take 32 bits as an input, and only output those 32 bits if another input is high. There probably aren't any 32 bit ones, but if there are any 16 bit ones, I could easily glue two of them together. I am aware that I could do this with individual and gates, but that would mean I'd have to use something like 8 quad 2 input and gate ICs. As a bonus, if it could let the 32 bits go both ways, that would be excellent, but I'm pretty sure they don't exist.

Thanks!

2. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    Think you will find 4 is usually a maximum for design reasons.
    Are you saying all 32 are hi or are some lo and some hi.
    You will probably need to run up a logic diagram to get the right structure.
    More detail on what you are trying to do would help also.

3. Obiwac

Obiwac

Feb 24, 2019
    Some of the 32 are high and others are low. What I'd want is to make all the 32 outputs floating when I make one other pin high.

Basically, I have 2 32bit input data sources and one 32bit output and I want to be able to switch the output to either be one input or the other. To me, that means blocking one of the inputs depending on which input I want to select.

4. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    Doesn't make sense to me I'm afraid.

5. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    How about using two/four of these?

6. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    You will not need latches hre. A simple bus driver with tri-state outputs will do the job. 8 bit versions are common, but also 16 bit versions exist, e.g. a 74ALVCH162334 or 74AVC16334.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  7. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    Maybe not, but both those ICs have transparent-latched outputs.
    First link doesn't work, because of the '2'.

Ask a Question