Connect with us

DJ 6 channel Mixer (4 mono + 2 Stereo)

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by chris8477a, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Scroll to continue with content
  1. chris8477a

chris8477a

Dec 13, 2011
    Hello everyone.

This will be my first project undertaken, appologies in advance for my lack of understanding/stupidity but hey - gotta learn somehow..lol

OK, as stated Im in the process of designing a DJ Mixer, there are many stages in my mind as to what I want the completed item to resemble such as Scratch/jog wheels, USB interraction to PC, however at the moment Im just concentrating on the Audio side for the moment.

Attached is a basic flow diagram that I have created, could I ask that you browse this to ensure that the flow is correct.

I appreciate in advance any assistance recieved throughout my project.

Chris

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hey chris
    welcometo the forums :)

does the 6.5 in a box refer to a 6.5 mm phono socket ?

if so thats ok for headphone sockets and often used for line input sockets
    For microphone sockets the preferred input connector is a 3pin XLR (cannon) socket as any decent quaslity microphone purchased will be terminated with these.

Also for mic inputs they need to be balanced inputs, else you will end up with all sorts of earth loop etc hum problems

Dave

3. OLIVE2222

OLIVE2222

Oct 2, 2011
    Hi Chris,

This is a cool project. As all channels are similar I suggest to build the mixer on modular way with 7 input boards and one summing/output board. Also maybe the inputs board can be all the same with a mic/aux switch to make it more versatile.

About the echo do you have any part/schematic in mind or is it the level control of an external echo ?

cheers,

Olivier

4. chris8477a

chris8477a

Dec 13, 2011
    Hi,
    Thanks for the post, Yes 6.5 is for mic sockets, this is because most
    Wireless mic's I've seen have the same and not xlr, That said. Will review plans and repost, must be possible to have both as I'm sure I've seen on some mixers.
    Make perfect sense to avoid noise on each input. Lol

5. Ian

Ian Administrator

Aug 23, 2006
Ask a Question