Connect with us

diy video game splitter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Siker, Nov 6, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Siker

Siker

Jul 23, 2017
    Hi, i think i asked this before, but i cant find my old posts....

I want to make my own video game console splitter. I have some electrical background from work and school, however im not completely sure if i can achieve what i want....

I want to take a few systems, old and new and make is so that all the cords will be combined into one to plug into the tv. I have some systems that use the Red, yellow, white plugs, and then the HDMI cords as well..
    My goal is to some how get all the systems tied together so that i only have to plug one cord into the tv. Im not really sure if you can merge those plugs with an HDMI cord or not. If not possible, then i would do it so i have the plugs and the HDMI, (so to plugs going into the tv instead)

i also plan on setting up the systems so that there will be one switch to allow power to the consoles, and switches to turn on what ever system i want to play.

I plan on taking apart my systems and making a panel to house all the main stuff in, but have slots where you put the games in accessible to the outside of the panel.

Sorry if that was hard to read, I have what i want in my head, but to write it out, its hard to explain...

anyone do something like this? Have suggestions or ideas to help me accomplish this project?

2. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
  3. Siker

Siker

Jul 23, 2017
    Thank you. I re read those comments. So looking if anyone has done anything like this and has an example I could look at?

4. Siker

Siker

Jul 23, 2017
    Also, would it be safe to make the housing unit out of wood? Or should I get a metal box instead?

5. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Any form of housing is appropriate HOWEVER if you attach any mains supply to the unit then please ensure the earth connection is made correctly and securely.

6. Siker

Siker

Jul 23, 2017
    Thank you. I feel wood would make this project easier and friendlier on my back account....

Ask a Question