Connect with us

DIY Tase

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Kulakovs, Aug 9, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Kulakovs

Kulakovs

Aug 9, 2010
    Hi. Can anyone suggest a good schematic for an eceltric taser (for potato gun).
    The only one I found is this (first). The thing is, I can't find a suitable transformer. Can I just use other transformer that is easier to found? Would non audio transformer work? And if it would, what kind of voltage conversion ratio it would need?
    And is there a way to control the spark manually with the switch? In schematic the 555 timer controlled it.

2. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    I figure you can use a small mains transformer (~1VA). The one used seems to have a ratio of 28 when driven from the centertap, so you could try a 230V - 9V transformer.

3. NickS

NickS

Apr 6, 2010
    Fist off I think you should know approximately how much voltage you need for the spark gap size you need. Check this out for spark gap lengths

With that said why not just use a replacement BBQ igniter? They are small, light, require no power source(beside your finger) and designed for harsh environments.

Attached Files:

Ask a Question