Maker Pro
Maker Pro

DIY PCB

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
Others might chastise me for saying this. But I don't think EAGLE offers the right environment for beginners. I know I never got anywhere with it when I first started. To much stuff that a beginner needs not know.

As for your question, best to check on veecad if you want to know. I am sure they list compatible software. :)

edit: it says you need a netlist file. Most schematic capture programs will offer this feature.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
can I create the schematic in other PCB software like EAGLE/PROTEL ?
I am at work now, but I think I remember that it need protel format for the netlist. Any schematic capture that can produce that format should work.

As far as autorouting goes, I agree with Steve. There is a for-purchase version of veeCAD that has it, but I would not bother. My experience with Eagle showed me that the autorouting is so bad, you will want to do it manually anyway.

Bob

vick5821

Jan 22, 2012
I am at work now, but I think I remember that it need protel format for the netlist. Any schematic capture that can produce that format should work.

As far as autorouting goes, I agree with Steve. There is a for-purchase version of veeCAD that has it, but I would not bother. My experience with Eagle showed me that the autorouting is so bad, you will want to do it manually anyway.

Bob

It seems hard to learn TinyCad :(

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Yeah, it is not that good.

If you already know eagle, and it can output protel, why not try using it? The problem is you will have to name the package for each part you use to conform with what veeCAD wants.

Bob