Connect with us

DIY Oscilloscope: LCD Controller interchangeability?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by TheLaw, Aug 31, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. TheLaw

TheLaw

Sep 27, 2010
    Hi guys,

Half way working on a bench supply, half way with a few other projects...

But this one caught my eye. I've been on the prowl for a usable DIY o-scope for a very long time. I think I may have found one that is pretty good even compared to some of the modern DSOs.

It's a Japanese webpage so it took a while to find it, but here's the translated link.

http://translate.google.com/transla...y/ElecRoom/AVRMCOM/AVROscilo2/AVROscilo2.html

First off...any comments?

Secondly. The LCD screen in the BOM uses the Samsung KS0107 LCD driver/controller. I think it uses two actually, but I'll just refer to it as a single.

The LCD screens that I've seen on Mouser and other places use KS0108. I can't really see any notable differences between the two. Do you think any code would have to be modified? It's a GLCD based design.

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    2 channels at 5 KHz? This is pretty useless. I would not bother. You can do as well with a PC sound card scope.

Bob

3. TheLaw

TheLaw

Sep 27, 2010
    Hmm well 10KHz one channel isn't terrible (20KHZ displayed whatever that means). But I see your point

Anyone know of any awesome DSO projects?

Thanks.

4. TheLaw

TheLaw

Sep 27, 2010
Ask a Question