Connect with us

Display TV input!?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by techbud, Sep 12, 2019.

1. techbud

techbud

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey guys, I am a IT repair guy primarily repairing software with very little electrical background. I have been asked to take a look at a Display TV.

Now the company who make this product have refused to help in anyway.

After disassembling it appears to be a Samsung TV ( LTA550HJ07 ) with a board that has two inputs (con1 and con2), I would like to identify what type of inputs these are so I can find a method of using a PC or Raspberry pi to input graphics. It would be great if one of you with more experience could take a look for me? I spent about 5 hours last night attempting to figure this out this is the screen

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there
    welcome :)

show us a photo of the input sockets
    surely there has to be something labelled on the back of the monitor ?

have you looked for a user manual or service manual online ?

3. dave9

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
    You seem to be telling us something weird instead of the make and model of TV. It's not a display TV you're listing, it's the panel in it, which has LVDS connections. You'd connect a PC to the TV mainboard inputs, not directly to the panel.

For example "I have a Seiki LC-55TD5 TV which just happens to have an LTA550HJ07 panel in it".
    Then someone would tell you that Seiki LC-55TD5 has HDMI inputs which would be the best way to connect it.

https://ia801206.us.archive.org/14/items/Panel_SAMSUNG_LTA550HJ07_0/Panel_SAMSUNG_LTA550HJ07_0.pdf

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Harald Kapp likes this.
Ask a Question