Connect with us

Display gone

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Tina0305, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Tina0305

Tina0305

Aug 26, 2016
    Hello :)
    I feel pretty out of place here, but I found this forum and so I thought to give it a shot.....

I have an Acoustic Research ART1 alarm clock - iPod dock unit that lost its display :-( Besides of that the unit works like it should but there is no way to set time, alarm or whatever settings. I tried to find a place to get it repaired but it seems nobody does that kind of work anymore :-(
    Is there a way to get it fixed at all? I mean, I can open it up and look into it...did that already ...thinking I might see "something wrong" lol I am kinda clueless when it comes to electronics but I really would hate to throw it out if there might be a "relatively" easy way to get it working right again...
    I really appreciate any kind of info or help I can get! :)
    Thanks for reading

Tina

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi Tina
    welcome to EP

open it up and take some sharp and well lit photos so we can see what is inside the unit
    I personally have no idea what the gear is that you are referring to

Dave

3. Tina0305

Tina0305

Aug 26, 2016
    Hello Dave and thank you for the reply and the welcome :)
    I tried to take some pictures but I am not sure if I did a good enough job..... P1070666.JPG P1070665.JPG P1070666.JPG P1070665.JPG P1070664.JPG

Attached Files:

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    It sounds like the problem will be with the display itself or the circuit that drives it.
    I think davenn meant it would help if you could show a picture of that particular part of the unit.
    Can you trace the wiring from the display to the specific printed circuit board that it's connected to?(picture)
    We'd be looking for component damage or common components that might fail.
    Yes, it's tough sometimes to find anyone who repairs electronics these days, with all the throw-away devices.
    In your case with no troubleshooting experience, the first thing I'd try to do is Google any place that repairs
    your particular model, and see if you get any hits. There might be somebody out there who has the schematics
    and ability to repair it.
    If we have a picture of just the display electronic board, we might notice something specific.
    Maybe even someone here will be able to find a schematic for the circuit.
    Your question isn't out of place here, we'll try to help if we can.

Ask a Question