Connect with us

DISPLAY 7 DIGIT DECIMAL VALUE ON 16X2 LCD

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by BHARGAV SHANKHALPARA, Jan 28, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. BHARGAV SHANKHALPARA

BHARGAV SHANKHALPARA

Nov 6, 2013
    hello...

i am working on flow meter project. in which i want to display total litres of water. i am just increment variable value on each pulse. i define variable for it "unsigned int TOTALIZATOR".

My Microcontroller is ATMEGA32A

My problem is that when i am trying to display this variable value in 16x2 LCD display, its shows 'V' Character at position of second digit, which is not require or don't know why it was appear in that...?

upload_2015-1-28_18-36-3.jpeg

please suggest some solution...!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
  2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    For displaying an integer on an LCD you obviously need to convert it to the code that is used by the LCD to display characters. I see three possible places where your display routine may fail:
    1. when writing the new total you don't completetly clear the second line of the display which may result in some characters being displayed from a previous line
    2. when converting from unsigned int to the LCD's code you make an error
    3. the conversion routine doesn't match the display's codetable (rather unlikely seeing that the other data seems to be displayed correctly)
    Tell us which display you use and show us the relevant sections of the code for a better analysis.

3. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Show us the code.

Bob

4. Aameer

Aameer

Feb 8, 2015
    Please add the code which will help us to decode it

Ask a Question