Maker Pro
Maker Pro

dishwasher electronics problem

skyking

Nov 3, 2012
My Kenmore model #665-16039400 will not complete wash or dry cycle. Can the codes be reset to cure the problems?

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Probably a faulty relay or timing circuit and/or a sensor that is failing... Best bet is to consult a repair shop that is familiar with common failures, I know it cost money but it's amazing how knowledgeable a good shop is on what fails on these devices... Especially since most of them share the same main components and design across the brands... There is a local old time repair shop by me and the owner has always been real helpful in helping me diagnose appliance problems as long as I purchase the parts from him and not online... At the end of the day the few percent extra he charges for the parts is worth the advice he has given me ten fold... If you can find a shop like that by you it will pay off in the long run...

You could replace the entire logic board if you can't see anything obviously wrong, but that is more a trial and error guess...

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
The fault may be a bad heater, float switch, valve or some other simple component. The design of the timing circuits on most of these machines have no error trapping or timeouts; they just wait indefinitely for a temperature sensor, float switch or other condition to be met before continuing the cycle. It may be necessary to test the function of some components.

Suspect a bad heater, temperature sensor or heater relay if the machine operates normally when low temperatures (unheated) are selected for wash and dry but stalls when high temperatures are selected.

Last edited:

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
The two Kenmore problems I had, were:
Failed timer switch itself, and the switch that monitors door being closed or open.
If the switch that tells the machine the door is closed is not working, the machine will
wash the clothes just fine, but won't allow the spin cycle to start.
Don't know if it'll hlep, but a couple things to consider.

JMW

Jan 30, 2012
There are several online appliance repair forums. They have techs on board for the problems the FAQ's can't fix. Usually under $30 bucks or so. They also carry OEM and after market parts
PM me if you want the links