Connect with us

disadvantages of 2.4 GHz wireless module on human body

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by mammadkhata, Jun 3, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. mammadkhata

mammadkhata

Dec 14, 2012
    hi everybody i'm trying to use 2.4G Wireless NRF24L01 PA LNA Board Module that can support 1100 meter distance whit 5db antenna. my question is is that possible to use it in home as switches control all time? does it have disadvantages for human body? what is your comment?
    there is some details of this module
    Code:
    Overview

The nRF24L01 module is the latest in RF modules from SparkFun. This module uses the 2.4GHz transceiver from Nordic Semiconductor, the nRF24L01+. This transceiver IC operates in the 2.4GHz band and has many new features! Take all the coolness of the nRF2401A and add some extra pipelines, buffers, and an auto-retransmit feature - very nice!

This board features a reverse polarized SMA connector for maximum RF range. And there are PA and LNA circuit on board, with the external antenna it can reach long distance than the one without these parts.

This module comes with the 2.4G antenna (2DB), with 250Kbps transmission rate on open air it can reach the 800-1K meters communication distance.

Note: We now populate these boards with the nRF24L01+. The '+' version of the IC has improved range, sensitivity, and data rates. The command set is backward compatible with the original nRF24L01.

Features

Voltage: 3-3.6V (recommended 3.3V) V
        Maximum output power: +20dBm
        Emission mode current(peak): 115mA
        Receive Mode Current(peak): 45mA
        Power-down mode current: 4.2uA
        Sensitivity 2Mbps mode in received: -92dBm
        Sensitivity 1Mbps mode in received: -95dBm
        Sensitivity 250kbps mode in received: -104dBm
        PA gain: 20DbLNA gain: 10Db
        LNA Noise figure: 2.6Db
        Antenna Gain (peak): 2Dbi
        2MB rate (Open area): 520m
        1MB rate (Open area): 750m
        250Kb rate (Open area): 1000m
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    These devices are very cool, but you need to couple them with a microcontroller, quite a bit of software, and hardware to control whatever you want to turn on and off.

So yeak, they can do what you waint, but not on their own.

3. mammadkhata

mammadkhata

Dec 14, 2012
    i have more of this modules not one. but i'm talking about its effect on human body. is that harmful? this module is one of reinforced of those

4. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    No, it is not harmful.

Bob

5. mammadkhata

mammadkhata

Dec 14, 2012
    thanks Bob

Ask a Question