Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Disable PIR on a day/night light

Alan Clarke

Apr 11, 2016
Hi,
I,m Alan, new to this forum, but it's been very helpful in the past with good information.
I've got an outside light that has a photcell for day/night and a PIR that works at night. I now want to disable the PIR so
that the light comes on at night and stays on. The unit does have an overide action, but that has to be done every day.
The circuit uses a PT8A262 PIR controller (which is for a relay to switch the mains), and would be grateful for some help please.
I traced the circuit as best I could and found it was very like the one in this PDF of the actual controller.

https://www.pericom.com/assets/Datasheets/PT8A261-262.pdf

Using page 12 mains supply with relay

Is there a way to fool the chip into believing there is constant movement, or maybe bypass the chip altogether?
If need be I will remove the chip and wire the photocell to the relay driver.

Regards Alan

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
Page 4, pin 7. Tie it to vcc, find another pin on the board that is also connected to vcc if the plane itself is not exposed. Use a wire or a pullup resistor not greater than 10kΩ. See page 6.

Alan Clarke

Apr 11, 2016
Lavaguava wrote - Page 4, pin 7. Tie it to vcc, find another pin on the board that is also connected to vcc if the plane itself is not exposed. Use a wire or a pullup resistor not greater than 10kΩ. See page 6.

Thank you Lavaguava for your input.
I did try that before, but I tried again using different resistors from 1k to 30k, and always get the same result.
The light comes on when the photocell is covered, but after 45 sec- 2 mins the light goes off, then immediately switches on again.
It will keep doing this. It's almost as though the timer is still acting on the circuit.
Any other thougths? Regards Alan

Alan Clarke

Apr 11, 2016
I'm having no luck with this PT8A262 PIR controller, so I decided to look at my other light, that looks almost identical.
But the chip in this on is marked
IQ IQ1586-02
16A-E

I cannot find any information about this one, but the pinout is definitely different.
Anyone come across this?
Thank for looking