Connect with us

Diode

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by simon melbourne, Nov 20, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. simon melbourne

simon melbourne

Nov 20, 2016
    Hi all, i m new here so please be gentle! I've got a circuit board. And a diode looks damaged, thank you. IMG_20161120_205155_785.JPG

2. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    It would help if you gave information on the model and year of the Aga. A photo of the entire board, both sides may enable someone to deduce the purpose of the diodes.

Are you sure the diodes are faulty. They are covered in dried gravy.:) If they are connected to a transformer they could be rectifiers to generate DC for a control circuit. If so, 1N4007 would do. If open circuit, then you will need to determine the right way round to connect.

3. simon melbourne

simon melbourne

Nov 20, 2016
    Hi, its a Rayburn 400kpf model. About 6 yrs old. It just stopped working. No power to the burner. But power everywhere else to the Rayburn. I just noticed that on the PCB board the diode on the right looks damaged.

Ask a Question