Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Diode Vout noise

bati38

Apr 1, 2012
Hi, I would like to have lot of helps on this problem for Vo (V noise), and Rl minimum.

I find the VO for both Rl 2K & 4k, base on the graph.
VO = Vdiode = 5V, Voltage in parallel is equal for all branch. Is that correct?
I attached a zip file due to my circiut and graph are big. I don't know how to make small attach .bmp file.

Attachments

• Diode.zip
    23.2 KB · Views: 109

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I sugggest the following:

1) make an equivalent circuit replacing Vi+Vi and Rin and RL by a single voltage source with series resistor. Use Thevenin's theorem for that.
2) Connect the diode to the output of this equivalent circuit.
3) Since VD=VO+Vo you can now draw the load curve into the diode's characteristic:
- Assume VD=0 (short circuit). Which current will flow through the circuit? Mark this point on the ID-axis of the characteristic.
- Assume ID=0 (open circuit). Which voltage will you see at VD? Mark this point on the x-axis.
Do not let you distract by the fact that these are not the operation points of the circuit, they only serve to help in the next step.
4) connect the two points you marked in step 3 by a straight line. This is the load line of the resistor.
5) Find the point where the load line and the diode's characteristic cross. This is the operationg point of the circuit.

Repeat for different values of RL.

Harald

bati38

Apr 1, 2012
Thank you very much. I'm slow, so it tooked me over five hour for this little problem,
and I did it. Again, thank you.

Bati