Connect with us

diode ID help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by heyscottman, Nov 30, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. heyscottman

heyscottman

Nov 30, 2013
    I don't know much about this stuff but I need 2 of these for a generator and the company cant help. does anyone know how to ID this and where I can buy them?

it has 9418-6 and 19420 6
    on it.

Attached Files:

2. heyscottman

heyscottman

Nov 30, 2013
    anyone??

3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    The image is blurry, and there is nothing to tell us what size it is.

However, even with these two things corrected, I don't think I could be of any help.

If its on a generator then it's either for rectification (which seems unlikely as it would be more likely to be a stud mount device) or suppression of spikes (perhaps)

By the look of it, it's a pretty large device (I'm looking at the wrapped wires on one end).

Why do you think it requires replacement?

4. heyscottman

heyscottman

Nov 30, 2013
    I was hoping someone would know the size by the numbers. there are 2 of these on the generator as well as 2 varisters in parallel with these resisters. the trouble shooting guide as well as the tech line say if the generator is only putting out 70 volts change all 4 pcs. although not an old unit it seems the company was bought and the new guys don't have a very good parts break down. I bought what was "listed" but they were very small. I was able to look up the varister numbers and order them elsewhere but I'm stuck as to where to get these. the unit is 12,000 watt. any ideas??

5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Can you describe their physical size and how they're wired in the circuit? Does the troubleshooting guide have a circuit diagram?

Ask a Question