Connect with us

diode for collapsing magnetic field

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Blank Stare, Oct 10, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    In my last post I made no mention of the coil circuit of the motor relay because the compressor ran fine when you wired it directly to the battery, I assumed voltage drop when you said that it didn't run at full RPM when controlled by the relay contacts. However, this doesn't account for why the 5A fuse blew or why you smell electrical overload. Are you sure you have the coil diode and Zener polarized correctly? And then there's your pressure switch issue! It no longer works!? :confused:

If there's ever been a text book example of a project that exemplifies the metaphor ..."Shoveling sh!t against the tide" ...this has got to be it. :eek:

Chris

2. CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
    The Diodes and Zener should look like this.

Chris

Attached Files:

3. Blank Stare

Blank Stare

Oct 10, 2012
    Well, after many hours under the hood, and under the dash, I have torn every strand of hair out of my head.

My plan is to strip everything but the LEDs under the dash, and start from scratch. That is, after I test the switches and resisters. etc, that are built into the beauty panel.

I hate to do it, but I've had enough of this headache.

I very much appreciate all of the time and energy, and brain space that has been spent on my behalf. If I should discover that the problem is under the dash, I will gladly pass along the diagnosis.

If even installing a new system doesn't work, I'll pass along the date and time for my funeral services. :p

~ Blank Stare

4. CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
    BS, you deserve a reward for perseverance.

Chief Dan George: "Endeavor to persevere". ..The Outlaw Josey Wales

I think Josey would have shot that thing by now! :eek:

Chris

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
Ask a Question