Connect with us

DIN block for custom electronics

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by John Larkin, May 14, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. John Larkin

    John Larkin Guest

    Any recommedations on a source for DIN rail mountable plastic blocks
    that we can mount our own pcb's in?

  2. Joerg

    Joerg Guest

    Don't know what you mean but we have often taken a Vector board (from
    Digikey), mounted the DIN connectors and then screwed whatever was
    needed onto that.
  3. Fred M

    Fred M Guest

    Try here, John:

  4. I think he needs an empty "project box" that can be mounted to what is known
    as "Hutschiene" in Germany.

  5. The German Farnell branch is full of that stuff. Don't know about
    international branches. Here's a random page:

    There are tons more, and several mfgrs. The paper catalogue is much better

    Good luck,

  6. Camden Electronics do a wide range of very flexible DIN enclosures
    Some of them are stocked by Farnell & Rapid Electronics.
  7. mpm

    mpm Guest

    Phoenix Contacts or Weidmuller.
  8. Joerg

    Joerg Guest

    Yeah, that word Hutschiene dawned on me later. I've never seen any in
    the US, maybe that is what puzzled me. I also never understood the
    German name for it since "Hut" is a hat. Ok, maybe in the olden days
    they threw their hats up there ;-)
  9. DIN rail used to come in various shapes, one of
    which was known as "top hat", which (afaik) has
    now become the standard.
  10. Jasen

    Jasen Guest

    Wikipedia suggest's it could it be describing the cross-section of the rail

    rolled or extruded bar with similar (typically narrower) profile is commonly
    called top-hat in english,

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day