Maker Pro
Maker Pro

DIGITAL SIGNALS in ANTENNA

baranidaranp

Jul 5, 2011
Dear friends,

I have one qustion....

why can't we use digital signals in antenna?

i mean that we are unable to propagate the digital signals through an antenna. why?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Your answer could be answered several ways.

Firstly, if you are talking about low frequency signals, then you have a similar issue as to transmitting audio. That is, we modulate a carrier. A simple digital example of this is morse code.

If you're talking about the carrier, then the reason we don't use a square wave is that we want to be as efficient as possible and cause the least interference. Square waves contain the fundamental frequenct plus a whole series of harmonics. Just using the fundamental frequency (a la a sine wave) is best.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Dear friends,
I have one qustion....
why can't we use digital signals in antenna?
i mean that we are unable to propagate the digital signals through an antenna. why?

you need to clarify what you are trying to ask much better, give us some context of your question

digital signal RF transmission from antennas is happening all day every day worldwide

eg.... TV, Radio, mobile phones, transmissions to and from satellites and spacecraft orbiting other planets, WiFi from your laptop to the router.... just to name a few

Dave