Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Digital readout problem

oxicottin

Sep 14, 2012
Hello again, I have a digital masterbuilt food smoker and it has a digital readout with a timer, and temp adjustment that controls a simple electric burner like a electric oven. it has just two wires with a plug adapter that plugs into the smokers top. Anyway, the digital readout and temp hasnt been working and I cant adjust the temp. It heats up but I have no clue to what and it adjusts but the readout is messed up. If I was to replace it what is the cheapest way with some simple electronics to get the same results. I could take it apart to take pictures i needed.

Thanks,
Chad

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
honestly the cheapest/easiest way would be to buy a replacement part for it, masterbuilt should sell them

if you wanted to add a timer function or something like that then it may be worth hooking up a microcontroller to it and running it that way, but for getting it to do its original function, just but a replacement

oxicottin

Sep 14, 2012
A replacement is almost the cost of a new one thats why I wanted to fix. I just needed something to be able to turn up the heat as in I do believe it turns it on and off to maintain temp. I dont care about the timer ect just a controler for the heat and it doesnt even have to be digital. Any thoughts? Thanks!

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
I would need either the model number or pictures or both of the smoker

oxicottin

Sep 14, 2012
Here is the Manual and here is a pic of the display.

Thanks!

20120916_152348.jpg