Connect with us

differential voltage probe

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by Yzordderrex, Jun 8, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Yzordderrex

    Yzordderrex Guest

    I am looking for a differential amplifer and probes. I know that
    Lecroy sells a fine machine (used to be preamble) for a few thousand.
    Very fast and has a very good cmrr if probes set up just so.

    I need to look at alternate vendors to keep Lecroy honest.

    any suggestions?

    While we are on the test gear subject - are there any vendors which
    produce a similar current probe and amplifier setup as the Tektronix
    A6302? I'm looking at the Lecroy plug-in probe as a replacement for
    the Tek solution I've been using for so long. Again, I'd like to know
    if any high performance alternatives exist. I happened to catch one of
    the chimpanzees from production with my Tek probe last week and I've
    got to put a stop to this nonsense right away!

    Any suggestions?

  2. Jim Yanik

    Jim Yanik Guest

    TEK still makes accessory differential probes.

    TEGAM had acquired the TEK TM500 line including the A6302/AM503/TM501
    current probe and amp.I do not know if they still make them,I recall
    hearing that they have stopped.
  3. tekamn

    tekamn Guest

    Look for Tektronix and HP. Nice probes, but of course same price range.
    Don't worry. Lecroy knows what they can get - for a time they had an
    OEM HP differntiel probe in their catalogue. I guess this says it.
    Not with this current/frequency-range combintion. If you are willing to
    suffer on frequency range: HP, Fluke, LEM, etc. will have similar
    styled products.
    You are taking about a CURRENT probe? Well, the tek is still unbeaten
    for the price/performance ratio.
    none I am aware of ;-)
    Well, interesting to note that the chimpanzees can be trained to work
    in production :))
    1.) employ better trained personal.
    2.) buy more probes (== spend more money)
    3.) buy tektronix.
    4.) do as Jim yanik suggested: Tegam and 2nd hand market of PLENTY of
    these units for a reasonable price (reasonable if you are a
    professional, but these probes are no amateur stuff anyway).

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day