Maker Pro
Maker Pro

diesel engine controller water damage

tracy carr

Aug 29, 2015
I am new here
I am looking for some help
I do not no where to go to get repair of a diesel engine control box, computer I guess you would call it
it controls a john deere engine on a piece of equipment I own
I have found NO help through the john deere or the equipment builder
they both will not offer help to repair it and the controller company is out of business
plus both will bot even return calls on replacing the controller
I got wet, we dried it out and placed it in a bag of rice
I really feel it could be a simple repair from the right people
the face got wet and the control buttons will not work
it looks perfect other wise
thanks, tracy

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Hello. Can you take it apart and take some close up pictures. With it taken apart put it in the oven for an hour at say 50 degrees C , if your oven goes that low. see if that helps.
Adam

tracy carr

Aug 29, 2015
Hello. Can you take it apart and take some close up pictures. With it taken apart put it in the oven for an hour at say 50 degrees C , if your oven goes that low. see if that helps.
Adam
wow, thank you for replying, I hung it over a baseboard heater about 20 hrs with the temp set up so it would run most of the time. pretty warm. that did nothing. was excited to here the rice idea but no go, I will take pics again thank you for showing interest. I do not know if I can peel the face with the buttons off but if I can not get it fixed I guess nothing to lose

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
No worries, when you have time. But from experience most things can be dried out but the minerals in water dry and can corode electronics components. Lets wait until we have some pictures. Might be worth getting a can of electronic component cleaner also, just incase. Not sure what type you have over there.
Adam

tracy carr

Aug 29, 2015
No worries, when you have time. But from experience most things can be dried out but the minerals in water dry and can corode electronics components. Lets wait until we have some pictures. Might be worth getting a can of electronic component cleaner also, just incase. Not sure what type you have over there.
Adam
one more thing till I can get pics, so you can see the item I am talking about see if you can get this site up:
]Model H30 Operation Manual
www.houstonst.com/downloads/H30_Op_Manual.pdf
it is the manual for the piece, does not show the interior but I will get pics of that
I believe the whole problem is in the face, it had water in the screen and the buttons do not work now
thanks, tracy
will get the cleaner but don't know how to get it into the right area

tracy carr

Aug 29, 2015
one more thing till I can get pics, so you can see the item I am talking about see if you can get this site up:
]Model H30 Operation Manual
www.houstonst.com/downloads/H30_Op_Manual.pdf
it is the manual for the piece, does not show the interior but I will get pics of that
I believe the whole problem is in the face, it had water in the screen and the buttons do not work now
thanks, tracy
will get the cleaner but don't know how to get it into the right area