Connect with us

Did I pass my exam????!

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Karl Backe, May 28, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Karl Backe

Karl Backe

May 28, 2015
    Hi guys!

I'm so curious. I've just finished a hard exam (well, at least for me) and I will have to wait a few weeks before the offical result comes out. So I thought I ask you here, did I pass or not?

I've figured out that if I had the right answer on one of this, it means I did... so did I pick the right answer?

I'd be very pleased to know, thanks! :)

Question 1

[​IMG]

Question 2

[​IMG]

2. Heevy

Heevy

May 27, 2015
    as far as i can see, the first is a second order lowpass filter which would make it:

T(s) = 1/LC / (s^2+s(1/CR)+ 1/LC) so that would be the second choice.

As for the second problem, a voltage divider times 10/s:

10/s * 1000 / s*10*10^-3 + 1000 = 100*10^4 / s*(s+100*10^3)

as far as i can see, the first one is wrong but the second one is correct :)

Best of luck to you.

Heevy

3. Ratch

Ratch

Mar 10, 2013
    Your second answer is correct. It is a simple algebraic manipulation to find the answer. The first answer is wrong, because you can see that the curve is dropping 40 db per decade. Therefore there must be a s^2 term in the denominator when there are no s terms in the numerator. The second answer is the only one that fits that criteria.

Ratch

Ask a Question