Maker Pro
Maker Pro

desperate for solution

rickhise

Feb 3, 2014
A First Alert Wal Mart, water sensor, similar to the smoke detector, operates off 9 volt batt.

The unit comes with about a 6ft. lead with a sensor, thus when the sensor gets wet the alarm sounds off. I have about 6 working units in our houseboat, For the most part they are under the floor inside the hull and I cant hear them if topside and the hatch lid is closed.

Id like input if I can add some type of sounding device attach it to these units I have 4 of them under the hull......and get this sounding device topside.

Ideally Id like one alarm type sounding device I could place in our living area,

Should I get a alarm its not important which unit is going off but lets me know there is incoming water and I need to get it stopped.
2nd option possibly
If I still have your attention would I be able to add as much as 20 ft of wire to each unit an just hide the actual alarm part topside inside a cabinet (should my first part be to complicated)
thanks for any input. excuse my chopy description

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I would suggest that you can probably extend the cable significantly.

Do it to a single unit (make it the longest you'll expect to need) and then test it to make sure it reliably detects water.

I expect there won't be a problem.