Maker Pro
Maker Pro

designing ROV circuit

aidil.ujang

Dec 8, 2012
hye everyone, i'm planning to design a ROV circuit which use a joystick as a controller. so i wanna design a circuit without using any programming, just simple circuit.. this circuit will be put into ROV structure and connected to a controller via umbilical.. so i would like if anyone can show me how to design this circuit that can make ROV move forward, Reverse left and right only.. please.. i really dont know how to start.

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
I will tell you right now without using a micro this will be difficult, but not impossible.

Do you want to use single direction joysticks as in the output will tell it one direction at a time (forward OR left OR reverse OR right)? Alternatively you have the multi-direction joystick that will tell it a mix of directions (forward AND slightly right; reverse AND left; etc)

the former of those 2 will be a lot easier to control.

Also do you want it to have variable speed or just full on/full off?

How far away do you want to control it from?

Start with these and we may be able to help you out, there are A LOT more things that we will need to know, so be prepared to get grilled.

aidil.ujang

Dec 8, 2012
thanks for the info greengiant.. if can, i want to make it have variable speed also. and the distance of umbilical maybe 40-70 m if it possible. and for the direction i think if u can make a simple better way.. are better.. like u said mix direction.. but like i said.. i am so noob about this.. thats why i need to get grilled by u green.. as long u are helping me.. btw.. thx again green.. i really need ur help

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
Ok when you said ROV I was assuming a wireless system, wired with a tether will make things a lot easier.

You are going to need at least 5 cables running through the tether, one for forward, reverse, left, right. then work out a system for controlling voltage or use PWM to control which motor (left and right motor with swivel wheels) so basically you want if you are pushing between forward and left the right motor is on full and the left is on about half, this would turn it left.

aidil.ujang

Dec 8, 2012
thx green..but can u design a circuit for me to make i can undertand it a lot easier? i would appreciate your help.. btw i have seen one of this design circuit for ROV by using 4 push button, 4 relays and 8 diodes. it connected to a motor.. so just wanna ask u hows your opinion about this circuit?

Attachments

• ROV circuit using 4 relay, 4 pushbutton and and 8 diodes..gif
    ROV circuit using 4 relay, 4 pushbutton and and 8 diodes..gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 576
Last edited: