Connect with us

designing Full-wave rectifiers

Discussion in 'Electronics Homework Help' started by epezhman, Oct 26, 2012.

1. epezhman

epezhman

Oct 26, 2012
    Hi I have to solve this problem and I need help:
    design a Full-wave rectifiers with resistance load of 1 kilo ohm and dc voltage of 24 V and ripple voltage of 4.8 V.
    I know I have to make some bridge but don't know how, could you help me with design? thanks

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Its all here. Also a part about the smoothing capacitor to reduce the ripple.
    Please read that and come back if you have further questions.

Harald

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  3. Laplace

Laplace

Apr 4, 2010
    The attached diagram should give you an idea how to calculate the size of the smoothing capacitor for the specified ripple. The graph shows the charging voltage (blue) from the full-wave rectifier, and the capacitor discharge voltage (red) between peaks of the charging voltage. The red curve is a simple exponential decay from the RC time constant. But note that the exponential portion of the discharge through the resistor does not begin until sometime after the peak when the charging voltage begins to fall at a greater rate than the exponential discharge. It's not a concern for much smaller values of ripple voltage.

Attached Files:

Ask a Question