Connect with us

Design Spark PCB

Discussion in 'PCB Layout, Design and Manufacture' started by TroubledTech95, Aug 18, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. TroubledTech95

TroubledTech95

Apr 28, 2016
    OK, so those of you who know design spark will know there is a translate to PCB option. I'm just new to it so still trying to work it all out. Every time I try to upload my schematic into it i just get all my components jumbled into the size of PCB I've chosen in a layout that is not suitable for routing and almost impossible to comprehend. Am I doing it wrong? surely to have a feature like this would be to make the PCB design/layout part more time efficient? Right now I could most definitely import the individual components and design it manually quicker.

Attached Files:

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I generally start with rubberbands and move stuff around until it looks tidy and like it will route well before I lay down any tracks.

Can you get the software to move it to a PCB layout but not do any of the routing?

TroubledTech95 likes this.
  3. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    You need to choose forward design changes option in tools not translate to PCB, use this after you have done the initial translate.
    Thanks
    Adam

Capture.PNG

TroubledTech95 likes this.
  4. TroubledTech95

TroubledTech95

Apr 28, 2016
    thanks ! sorted! :)

Ask a Question