Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Design of a Frequency stabilizer in Cadence using a MOS.

premarjun

Jan 20, 2015
I could not go for a crystal oscillators as there are some issues while going for a layout(because of the inductor).I thought of doing it by a ring oscillator. Is that a good idea?If not Could any one suggest me a circuit for frequency stabilizer(to obtain a stable o/p frequency).

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
What are you trying to build? Just a stable oscillator or an accurate oscillator? What waveform output do you need? Can you tell us a bit more of what you are doing.
Adam

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
A crystal osc is going to be the most stable option, a PLL/crystal system even better

I suggest you look at fixing your layout issues. Crystals are still being used in the highest quality professional equip

Dave

premarjun

Jan 20, 2015
A crystal osc is going to be the most stable option, a PLL/crystal system even better

I suggest you look at fixing your layout issues. Crystals are still being used in the highest quality professional equip

Dave
But when are going for layout of the crystal osc there will be a problem with the Inductor as it weighs more(even a 10H would weigh in Kgs).That's why i ain't go for that option.

premarjun

Jan 20, 2015
What are you trying to build? Just a stable oscillator or an accurate oscillator? What waveform output do you need? Can you tell us a bit more of what you are doing.
Adam
I am trying to design an oscillator which gives me a stable frequency.I am realizing it by using inverters(MOS).
I am supposed to design it with the following constraint: even though the ∆vdd is high ∆f has to be min. This is the main constraint.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
problem with the Inductor as it weighs more(even a 10H would weigh in Kgs)

what on earth are you talking about ??

how about telling us some design specs for this oscillator ....
power supply
frequency
and anything else that could be helpful

Dave

Last edited: