Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Design assistance needed

WHYnot

Apr 19, 2016
Hi,
I am looking to build a Bluetooth controlled LED circuit.
There must be 4 separately addressable LED arrays each with driver to control current.
A battery, charger and protection circuit.
A sensor to measure distance from the LED's to the surface they are lighting up.
A sensor to measure the darkness of the lit up surface by measuring the reflected light and taking into consideration the distance.
Any assistance would be much appreciated.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
What kind of assistance are yuou looking for?

Some general advice on how to proceed or a full schematic with all programming details?

WHYnot

Apr 19, 2016
Well I have some idea of what to do but have no idea how to put it all together. I have an arduino Mega ADK and a HC-06 bluetooth module. I also have a ultrasonic distance module and a photoresistor. Where does everything connect?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Where does everything connect

Pretty much wherever you want it to.

How much stuff have you done with your Arduino already?

How good are you at programming in C++?

Have you run through any of the examples and tutorials that come with the Arduino environment?

How long do you have to learn to use everything you have before you have to make your device?

WHYnot

Apr 19, 2016
I am paying a developer to create the mobile app and personally have virtually no experience with arduino or programming.
I need to have my product ready yesterday :( but a week could still work.
Thanks

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I recommend you set up the software on your PC and start working through the examples. The Arduino web site will help with many of your basic questions. There are also lots of YouTube videos which will help setting up and explaining stuff.

Perhaps your goal for the first day or so is to get everything set up and the simple LED flashing program running.

Last edited:

WHYnot

Apr 19, 2016
Could anyone assist me with the code for the firmware?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Sure. We can help you learn how to write the code.

Have you got everything set up and tested using the LED flashing example?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Slightly off topic ....

I found this large box of electronic components - there's everything in there under the sun.

I have to make a trans-warp space drive and matter transmitter by the weekend. It doesn't need any coding but the parts I have need to be sorted into the right circuitry.

Can anyone help?

Irv

Jun 7, 2017
Examples of each of the things you want to do are available on the web with a bit of googling.
Combining all of these functions (written by various people) into one project is a task for someone with experience. At least enough experience to know what to ask, because there are certain to be conflicts.
I suggest that, considering your time requirements, you do as you did with the app software - hire a consultant.

WHYnot

Apr 19, 2016
Sure. We can help you learn how to write the code.

Have you got everything set up and tested using the LED flashing example?

I have everything connected and tested using the LED Flasher circuit.

WHYnot

Apr 19, 2016
Slightly off topic ....

I found this large box of electronic components - there's everything in there under the sun.

I have to make a trans-warp space drive and matter transmitter by the weekend. It doesn't need any coding but the parts I have need to be sorted into the right circuitry.

Can anyone help?

Big difference between a matter transmitter and flashing some LED's unless you are so brilliant that these things are second nature to you.
I do however thank you for the sarcastic input.
Thanks Troll

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I have everything connected and tested using the LED Flasher circuit.

Ok, so do you understand how the code works? Can you change it to flash faster and slower?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
I do however thank you for the sarcastic input.
Thanks Troll
Oh the irony....

I'm not sure if you recognised the 'sarcasm' of your own original post - written as if, as my 'sarcastic' reply inferred, you had every intention of getting everything 'done' for you.....

Sadly we get a lot of posts along these lines - the ones we have a lot of time for are those that show some effort, that show some indication that the OP has made at least a token effort at attempting the task before making vaguely outrageous posts implying that 'we' should do the donkey work.

Maybe this is indicitive of the 'me, me, me' society we've become and the snowflake attitude of people that expect everything to be done for them? Either way, falling back into 'troll' accusations to cover your own inadequacies only illustrates further the snowflake society from whence you came.

No one can accuse me (or any regular contributor) of not being helpful on this forum - we all offer our time, knowledge and assistance VOLUNTARILY and expect no payment in return - except where people come along and post a request that, basically, states "do this for me - it's your responsibility".

Kudos is offered in heaps to those who have replied to your 'demands' without taking the umbrage that I did - obviously they have a lot more patience for those who knowledge of electronics is significantly less than their understanding of basic manners.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
I don't mean to offend and perhaps took your post as an opportunity to 'vent' in regards to the number of posts we see (a rapidly INCREASING number of posts) that bluster in with what are, as I outline, essentially demands for assistance.

It doesn't take much to word a request for assistance such that it shows that some effort has been made BEFORE posting - even reading what you write before hitting 'post' could make a difference!

You did say 'any assistance would be much appreciated' - which is more than a lot of other 'demanders' bother to do!! Thanks for that.

All said and done, what your post is leading to is a basic outline of the whole process of design - programming, wiring, testing etc and you must see that this is going to be an extremely lengthy process to explain.... other than suggesting that the OP goes off to learn the basics of Ardunio programming, makes a few test circuits (LED flasher etc) and learns the basics of 'Sketches' and their use- which is what has been suggeted already - then it's pretty pointless for us to continue until you can come back with SPECIFIC problems that can be addressed in the length of a typical post.

Thanks for calming me down anyway - I did got OTT a bit but only out of built-up frustration and at least you're responding to criticism instead of running from it. <thumbs up>

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Yes I can

OK, now you need to find example code for the other devices you have and make sure you can operate them on their own.

I don't know exactly what they are, so you may either need to provide more information or do the leg work yourself.

Starting with the distance device first (maybe), if this is one of the common devices there may even be example code in the existing arduino library. I think the simple tests involve sending the distance to the serial port so you can view them in the development environment.