Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Denso Ingniter Box

Bunky

Aug 29, 2011
I have a Denso Igniter Box off a John Deere Tractor, I found a bad transistor in the Board and replaced it, we still don't have spark on both cylinders, and the only other thing on the Board I can think to replace is a Toshiba Chip, (probably another name) it Says Toshiba, 924GK or 9246K then below that is T 2 3 3 3 Japan it has 9 pins I called Toshiba they have no information on this item

Can someone tell me what this item is ??

I really hate to spend $275 for a $50 part

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
Google Toshiba T2333. The other number is a manufacturing date (week 46 in 1992, plant K).
Posting (good) pictures may help getting ideas/suggestions.

Bunky

Aug 29, 2011
Denso Box Picture

Here's a photo of the chip it's not a very good one but you get an idea of the Shape,

I Googled the part number and there's not much info on the Chip,

A few places in Hong Kong say they have one...

Attachments

• Chip.jpg
    Chip.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 402

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
Yes.. At least the security envelopes turned out nice & sharp..
Please take one picture from straight above, and one straight onto the underside. Mind the near limit distance of the camera, and rehearse/repeat until sharp.
Even with the object filling only 1/4 of the picture the PCB doesn't seem to be in a very good shape, and the electrolytic capacitor by the chip seems to be bad.
I found a forum where someone asked about the same chip. It had inconclusive results but at least it had a suggestion as to what the function of the chip was.

Bunky

Aug 29, 2011
Capacitor

The PCB has some goop and stuff on it from the Glue type stuff that was on it to keep the vibrations from loosing the components,

The problem with this unit is it only provides spark to the right cylinder, You think the Larger Capacitor near the chip is Bad ?? How do you tell by looking ??

Attachments

• top.JPG
    top.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 453
  • Bottom.jpg
    Bottom.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 328

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
OK, so it provides a spark to just one cylinder.

Does this vehicle have a distributor? or just 2 cylinders (with independent coils etc)?

Your photos are still very fuzzy, but your table looks sharp. If the photo looks fuzzy, take another one. Perhaps from a little further away.

It looks like this device has two separate channels, so I'm expecting one for each cylinder. Can you swap the connections for each cylinder over? I would be checking that the problem isn't in any duplicated part (cables, coils, plugs, etc.).

Then I would check the transistors to make sure that the resistance readings across the same legs of both were very similar. The most likely fault would be the large power transistor I expect. In fact, since you have it out, it may be worth checking this now.

Bunky

Aug 29, 2011
Circuit

Steve The Tractor Doesn't have a Distributor just 2 coils, module, 2 pick up coils

I have checked all those and they work, the problem is in this circuit I have replaced the 2 transistors the one was shorted to ground so I changed them both,

Attachments

• IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 401

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
OK, and after replacement the fault remains the same I gather.

So it sounds like whatever took out the transistor took out other stuff as well, possibly that other IC.

I have not been able to find any suppliers with that IC, although I've not looked all that hard.

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
The plastic on the capacitor has shrunk below the top, indicating it has been hot. It may have degraded. There's also a resistor that has been hot.
The power transistors have small driver transistors, and they need to be checked too.
The pictures are still way too bad and are of limited use. You need to experiment & practice more. What camera are you using?
A pair of strong reading glasses held before the lens may help. Also; use ambient lighting from several sources, not flash.

JDC

Nov 3, 2011
Have you had any luck with the Denso igniter? The Toshiba part number T2333 is a good number. I have been looking for sometime for the datasheet for this IC. I am working on a Kohler gen with a Kawasaki FD501 with a Denso igniter that looks the same as yours. I am working on a schematic, but have a ways to go.

Bunky

Aug 29, 2011
I bought a Used box for now and I located the Ic in china but the Shipping is crazy so I didn't buy any

I know where there is another box if your interested

JDC

Nov 3, 2011
Denso/Kawasaki

I am trying to get setup to work on these modules. The Toshiba T2333 is available from utsource for about $2 ea with $4 shipping. It takes about 2 to 3 weeks to receive them.
John

Mike Kitchener

Sep 14, 2014
Hi Guys, I have the same problem with my FD501v, I have replaced 2 diodes that were effected by moisture, but still the problem exists. Have you had any luck with making a new box or schematic for this problem? Would love to remedy this, any help would be appreciated.
[email protected]