Connect with us

Denser than Osmium

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Members Lounge' started by KrisBlueNZ, Dec 9, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
  2. KJ6EAD

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
    I know. I was laughing pretty hard when I saw the posts in all caps with blank lines between the words.

You have to learn to recognize the red flags that appear in the first post. When a phrase like "I'm a newb and know nothing about electronics" is immediately followed by "I measured the output of the cyclotron gigaphasic converter with my ohmmeter and got 2.3 mWh so I know green is the color of moon cheese" the thread will be more an exercise in self control than an engineering challenge.

Maybe this book will help. :D

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• TWTD.jpg
      TWTD.jpg
      File size:
      31.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  3. KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
    LOL!

You're right about the warning flags. The thing is, I can handle it when the poster doesn't know much about electronics... what gets me is when they won't follow simple instructions, and when they just IGNORE my questions.

I ask questions because the answers are important, and when they ignore the questions, it makes me think that they think the question ISN'T important so they're not going to bother trying to answer it.

I've had some frustrating exchanges in the forums, but that's the first time I've been reduced to writing in all caps like that!

Maybe he was just having a bad day. He's sort-of apologised for being dense, so I won't hold it against him.

Thanks for your help on the thread :)

4. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    everyone should know by now how noobish I am. but dang it wen I ask for advice and you guys need more info I try to give it. some of these people are just frustrating as the 2 things that bug me the most is the good old google it first, or at least ask a friend who might know, and the other is the total lack of co-operation.
    I WANT HELP but don't make me do anything to help myself cos thats too hard.

5. KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
    Well, he's realised how difficult he was to communicate with, and apologised, so I consider the matter closed.

I agree donkey. It really p*sses me off when people make no effort, and when they just will not co-operate.

Also sometimes they will INSIST that even though they know they're a beginner, they KNOW how to do something, when everyone tells them they can't do it that way.

Ya gotta laugh. Otherwise you go crazy :-/

6. dietermoreno

dietermoreno

Dec 30, 2012
    I think I found someone who is even a worse noob than me.

I can understand how he didn't understand the physics, but this, really?

7. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    I look at it like this. (Because I'm a tech, and I think simple).
    Somebody asks a question. I try to answer what I thought he/she asked, and I might
    ask a follow-up question to try to help the person sort the problem out.
    If he/she doesn't respond, I figure I'm a genius, and my original post solved his/her problem.
    If that's not the correct answer, I figure he/she is a tech like me, and just forgot where
    exactly it was that he/she posted the question in the first place. So then, it's not
    my problem anymore.

8. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    I somehow missed that topic and I'm glad I did. As for you getting p!ssed off, .. it surprises me. You have such a gentle and mellow face. I guess even you have a breaking point. :p

Chris

Ask a Question