Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Demolition Engineer for WHO?????

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Am I the only one here who is a little suspicious of the post from a 'demolition engineer' who wants to know how to make a 'bridgewire detonator'? '...like for example how do disposable camera use a flash, …."
Is MI-6 phishing? FSB? CIA?, Al-Qaeda maybe?
What the heck kind of an explosives engineer needs to come to a website like this for detonator specifics?
I know the thread was closed, but sheez, ….

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Heck, I don't know.
Would it be that improbable that government agencies might want to see what websites offered 'demolition'
detonation advice to anonymous entities?
What demolition engineer asks 'neophytes' how a disposable camera flash can be used for that purpose?
People talk about scammers and phishing expeditions on-line, the request just smells 'phishy' to me.
...but maybe that's just paranoia from the Colonies.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I have already closed 2 of his posts in recent days

He doesnt appear to have started any more at this time

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I appreciate helping legit people with electronic-related questions.
That requestor just seemed awfully suspicious to me.
I think this is a great forum for helping a lot of people who need help because there are so many
highly skilled members who go out of their way to share what they know with others.
I'd hate to see the forum compromised by assisting with what seems to me to be questionable
posts. I, like I'm sure many other people who frequent this forum, get a lot of valuable information
from members who often seem to receive little recognition for their valuable insights.
Congratulations to everyone who offers free-of-charge advice that aids so many of us.
Thanks davenn for taking a good look at that guy's posts.