Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Dell Lcd backlight inverter.

Turtle

Aug 16, 2014
I'm putting back together this Dell Lcd screen and having trouble remembering pinout. How do i find out whitch ones go where.

anything would be helpful

20150823_021335.jpg

20150823_021335.jpg20150823_020831.jpg 20150823_020934.jpg 20150823_021047.jpg .

Last edited by a moderator:

Turtle

Aug 16, 2014
I know that the two plugs on the top go to the top pins and the same for the ones on the bottom. but not sure whitch one goes where out of the two.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I'm putting back together this Dell Lcd screen and having trouble remembering pinout. How do i find out whitch ones go where.

That's why you ALWAYS mark connectors ... #1 rule in servicing ;)

been a while since I pulled apart any larger monitors ... they are all very similar ... do you have another one you could open and use as a guide ?

Dave

Turtle

Aug 16, 2014
That's why you ALWAYS mark connectors ... #1 rule in servicing ;)

been a while since I pulled apart any larger monitors ... they are all very similar ... do you have another one you could open and use as a guide ?

Dave
No i don't have another one to reference. for now I will take it as a lesson learned and i will do some more interweb searching.
Thank you

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hi, seems to me that you have the same colours doubled up in both sets of connectors?
Can you confirm this?
Can you double check the voltages in these connectors?

It might be a simple case of 'looming' off the main taps. 12v on thicker wire and 5v on thinner.
Both can be connected either way like an IDE cable.

Martin

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi, seems to me that you have the same colours doubled up in both sets of connectors?
Can you confirm this?

it's just a matter of figuring out which plug goes into which socket

Can you double check the voltages in these connectors?

not a good idea ... there's around 1000V

@Turtle ... if I get a chance tonite at home, I will have a look at one of my monitors
see if it gives an idea

Dave

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
Which model?
A pic in the service manual could help solve this.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
DSC00014.JPG OK, I just opened my old Dell E193FPc 19" lcd monitor.
I have the same colour wires and four connectors too.
On mine, the Blue / Black connectors go on the outsides.
And the Pink / White go to the inside connectors.
I hope this helps and is the same as yours.
I took some photos too if required.

Martin

Attachments

• DSC00016.JPG
    DSC00016.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC00018.JPG
    DSC00018.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
nice one Martin,
I didn't get a chance last nite, Spent the nite building gear for my customers

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I hope you wasn't fixing the grow lamp for the 'gear'.:)

hahaha I wish ;)

naaa I build 2 bits of electronics and sell them
have quite a nice little niche market, particularly for one of them

one unit is a sound monitor, it goes into clubs and pubs etc and monitors sound levels from band/dj
it is well calibrated and city councils use it as part of their noise control bylaws ... the unit will cut out the music feed when the
levels hit a certain level for a certain length of time

The other unit is a bells and buzzer control box that goes into every ALDI supermarket store
it has connections to pushbuttons at the checkout lanes and also from the entry to the back dock
This is the unit I have no other competition with :) very sweet.

Do you have ALDI in the UK ? they are a German outfit that came into Australia around 8 - 10 yrs ago
and are putting up stores all over the country, state by state
. Most of NSW now done, Queensland and Victoria well under way. South Australia is soon to start,
tenders for the installations of some 105 stores has closed and the winner will be getting in touch soon
to let me know they won. The 6 companies that tendered have already contacted me back in July for pricing

It keeps me very busy with my home electronics ... as I have a full time day job as a GPS and survey electronics tech.

Dave

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hi Dave,
That's very interesting. And congrats for grabbing a corner of the market.
In the UK we've had Aldi for years too. Lidl is another fast growing supermarket, although I have seen an increase in their prices recently. I don't personally shop there very often.

Have you contacted Aldi for an international contract?
Now that would be 'sweet'.

Martin

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
That's very interesting. And congrats for grabbing a corner of the market.

its all came about in an oddball way
I used to build these 2 units and a couple of other systems for the previous company I worked for, fo around 4 years.
They went down the gurgler ( out of business) in Aug 2011 and my wife and I made the decision to take the risk and buy up all the
component stock for all these units and collect up all the construction info.. And it went on from there.
Its a really good paying hobby. I walked into my current job immediately upon finishing the old one

Lidl is another fast growing supermarket,

haven't heard of that one yet

Have you contacted Aldi for an international contract?
Now that would be 'sweet'.

I don't know what they do for this system in overseas stores ? maybe some electronics tech has already got into that
I would assume ALDI require a similar system in their stores around the world ?

D

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hi Dave,
Sounds like you fell on your feet.
I have a friend in Doncaster (UK) that worked for a plastics extrusion company that went bust..
He got a bank loan and bought all the machinery and tooling. He now has a very successful business too.

Hmm, may be I should look out for a failing business to buy..

I have no idea what systems are in place in Aldi UK. But I would definitely approach them with your proven product.
You may need a dedicated installer..:rolleyes:
I also don't know if it's a franchise either. Never really thought about it.
Lidl is a German discount supermarket. Same as Aldi really. Probably wont be long before it's an international company..

Martin