Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Delayed clock

Sravanthi

Feb 4, 2015
HI...

I have a pulse signal. I want to delay(in ms range) this pulse and fed to another circuitry.

So can anyone give a suggestion to do this...

Thank you....

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Does the pulse have always the same length? In this case a monoflop can be used which is triggered by the original pulse and troggers the re-generation of a new pulse after the delay.
If the pulse has a varying duration, a shift register (for digital signals) can be used to delay the pulse. The resolution and the max. delay can be controled by the length of the shift register and the clock frequency.
If the puls is analog, if can be digitized by an A/D converter and teh resulting digital data can be delayed by a shift register. At the end of the shift register a D/A converter can reconstruct the analog signal.
A microcontroller with a ring-buffer realized in software can be used instead of a shift register.

Sravanthi

Feb 4, 2015
Hi...

Thank you for the reply.
As of I understood with mono stable multivibrator is output pulse width(controlled by RC time constant) is different from trigger input pulse. But the place where it rising edge comes is same.Is it correct?
I want pulse should be delayed means rising edge should be delayed by ms from the input rising edge.

Thank you....

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
YOu can use the output of the monoflop to trigger creation of a new pulse by a second monoflop (with short time constant). This way the delayed pulse will have the rising edge after the delay time of the first monoflop.