Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Delayed buzzer for Motorbike

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
  1. I think the +12V you meant, it is from the battery +ve directly. Is it?
  2. I think the 'Earthing' you meant, it is from the battery -ve directly. Is it?
  3. 'Blinker power' means? (From/to the connection leads to?)
  4. 'Blinker input' means? (From/to the connection leads to?)
  5. 'Earthing' (in the red middle circle) means? (From/to the connection leads to?)
  6. How the circuit from the '11' from IC? (Using the transistor)

The circuit is based on assumptions about how a motorbike is wired. When you activate either a turn signal or the safety flashers, that applies 12 V to the flasher or blinker device. This is where you connect the power input to the circuit (blinker power). All ground symbols connect the the battery - terminal.

The output of the bike's flasher device is what turns your lights on and off, and is connected to the circuit "blinker input". This is how the circuit can count the number of flashes and active the buzzer on the 10th one.

U1 is a decimal counter that has 10 outputs. As it counts, each input is activated in sequence. Pin 11 is the output that goes high on the tenth count. This turns on the transistor and activates the beeper.

ak

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
I think the circuit power could be obtained from the blinker supply with a couple of diodes. This would save finding a switched power supply.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
I think the circuit power could be obtained from the blinker supply with a couple of diodes. This would save finding a switched power supply.

That was suggested in an earlier post, and depending on how the bike is assembled and wired it might be an easier installation, but then you have to have enough energy storage to run the circuit and the beeper during the OFF half-cycle of blink #10. Seemed to me to be an unnecessary complication for a beginner like the OP. Both circuit inputs are together at the blinker for easy wiring, while the two light signals (after the left-right switch) might not be so easy to get to. Same function either way, just two different approaches.

ak

Sree

Dec 11, 2015
The circuit is based on assumptions about how a motorbike is wired. When you activate either a turn signal or the safety flashers, that applies 12 V to the flasher or blinker device. This is where you connect the power input to the circuit (blinker power). All ground symbols connect the the battery - terminal.

The output of the bike's flasher device is what turns your lights on and off, and is connected to the circuit "blinker input". This is how the circuit can count the number of flashes and active the buzzer on the 10th one.

U1 is a decimal counter that has 10 outputs. As it counts, each input is activated in sequence. Pin 11 is the output that goes high on the tenth count. This turns on the transistor and activates the beeper.

ak
Actually my bike turn signal is wired serially in the circuit. Flasher unit is 2 pin type. So. if the ignition 'on', it will give current to the blinker and the circuit connect only if the tursignal switch turned 'on'.
turn-signal-wiring.jpg DSC01738Webshot.jpg

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
This thread would have been much better if you had included this drawing in your first post.

Your drawing matches up very will with my circuit.
"blinker input" connects between the Turn Signal Flasher and the Turn Signal Switch.
"blinker power" connects between the Ignition and the Turn Signal Flasher.

ak

Sree

Dec 11, 2015
This thread would have been much better if you had included this drawing in your first post.

"blinker input" connects between the Turn Signal Flasher and the Turn Signal Switch.

ak
:):):):):)
Thank u AK

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012

ak
:):):):):)
Thank u AK

You have the dubious distinction of being the only nubie that ever did that! If you believe that I'll tell you another bald faced lie. :cool:

That said this might be an advantageous opportunity to find out why nubes do that. Care to share what your reasoning or lack of it was? :confused:

Chris

Sree

Dec 11, 2015

ak
which voltage capacitor do I need for C1, C2, C3 & C4

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
25 V or more. A good rule to follow for most designs is that a capacitor should be rated for at least twice the peak voltage across it.

ak

Sree

Dec 11, 2015
Something like this.

ak
View attachment 23677
Dear Ak
I Made the circuit as you described and it is working fine. I made a little changes on it
1. I connect the buzzer directly from the 10th output instead through a 2N7002 switch.
2. When trying to connect the blinker power it is not working. (The blinker is connected in the bike as serially to the indicator wiring system. When trying to connect the delayed buzzer system, the entire indicator system is not working) So, I experiment the circuit directly giving input from the battery to the 'blinker power', it is working.
So Now I am facing a big problem
The 'delay buzzer circuit' is always on. It will buzz in the 10th flash if I turned on the indicator.
I Need to turn on the circuit only when I turned on the indicator.
I am attaching a proposed circuit. I need your big help to design the circuit
A switch need to give power to the 'delayed buzzer circuit', it will turn on only when turn on the indicator and turn off when off the indicator.
Please help meDelay buzzer.png

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
That looks like what I described in post #5. The 4017 can source only about 4 mA. Is that enough for your beeper?

ak

Sree

Dec 11, 2015
That looks like what I described in post #5. The 4017 can source only about 4 mA. Is that enough for your beeper?

ak

but the beeper is working. the actual problem is not there. a constant current couldn't give to the blinker input from between the ignition and blinker. so a relay/switch need there. when indicator switch powered on that switch/relay desired to give power directly from the battery

Sree

Dec 11, 2015
You want the circuit to be powered by the battery *after* the ignition switch, so it isn't drawing any current when the bike is off. Then, the circuit board needs inputs from both the input and output sides of the turn signal blinker. These get cleaned up with a noise filter and transient suppression, then drive a CD4017 counter. The counter has a power-on reset circuit (one resistor and one capacitor) to make sure it always powers up correctly when blinking starts. The blinker output increments the counter, and the 10th counter output drives the buzzer through a driver transistor.

One chip, some Rs and Cs, one transistor, the buzzer... Does this sound like something you can build on perf board?

ak
when the turn signal on, if we connect on the input and output side of the blinker, I got only a blinking power. that is the real problem