Connect with us

dehumidifying device

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by gamer87, May 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gamer87

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
    My room is very damp 80% Which dehumidifying device do you guys recommend I get to put in my room? here in brazil has peltier technology, ceramic resistance technology and compressor technology (high price)

I wanted it with low price

2. dave9

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
    Peltier tech has VERY high energy consumption (poor efficiency), you will pay more in power than you save on buying that type.

Compressor type is by far the most efficient and the best option. In summer that should be an air conditioner which is the same tech except it exhausts the heat outdoors instead of indoors (peltier being so power hungry, far more so produces extreme heat indoors relative to its low performance).

In winter it depends on what your heating needs and options are. If you are using electric heating, the peltier is its own space heater and cost is exactly the same per BTU as a space heater would be, yet in general most areas don't have so much of a humidity problem if they need to heat the area, usually the opposite. If you have gas heating, it is probably because gas is much cheaper and again you are better off with a compressor based dehumidifier.

You should also consider sealing the room (whole building if it has central heat or A/C) better if possible to reduce moisture ingress.

3. gamer87

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
    The compressor dehumidifier is very expensive high price and I wanted something inexpensive and efficient, in Brazil have these [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    Air con is the most efficient you will get.

Water coolers just pump in more and more.

5. gamer87

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
    very expensive high price and I wanted something inexpensive and efficient

6. dave9

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
    How about a mountain of silica gel? :D

Everyone wants inexpensive and efficient, which is why they buy compressor based air conditioners. It is the least expensive way to get the job done once you factor in power cost, let alone heat reduction.

Since you have a very high humidity area, you will want to make sure that you periodically clean the air conditioner drain or else it will get clogged with fungus and not drain the condensed water outside properly.

gamer87 likes this.
  7. gamer87

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
    Some devices use ceramic resistor, they heat the air and dehumidify?
    https://a-static.mlcdn.com.br/618x4...ore/1228/9ca7c9c54f2bd3248f04a11f675ca21e.jpg

8. dave9

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
    ^ No that is just a plug in heater, will do nothing to reduce room humidity. If you put a wet shoe over it, the heat might make the shoe dry faster but that would result in higher room humidity.

If you put a mountain of silica gel in it, with it OUTSIDE the room to dry the gel out, then moved the mountain back into the room, that might actually work except the picture does not make it look big enough to hold a mountain of gel, and it would get tedious continually moving a mountain of silica gel back and forth.

9. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    That would be infra red heat and would not heat nor dry the air and ,as already pointed out, inefficient and cost an arm and a leg to run.

Short of taking the roof off during the day and replacing it at night, the rac is the best of efficiency and cost of running.

Removing moisture requires work, work costs money, whether you decide to use electricity to do the work or pay someone to move the aforementioned mountain of silica gel each morning and night, it's still work and I doubt the labourer will do it "cheap cheap".

Have you tried opening a window and let natural breezes cool the interior. Worked here in Aus for the last who-knows-however-long.

10. dave9

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
    We should just ban this poster. It is a waste of all our time. Every single thing, has had an obvious solution if any were needed at all.

Gamer87, you literally cannot be this ignorant in the internet age. Anything you have asked about could be resolved with a web search.

Do your own work or stop trolling whichever the case may be. Something is very wrong and you are the common denominator.

hevans1944 and davenn like this.
  11. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    And with these famous last words thread closed.

Ask a Question