Connect with us

Decoder to 7 seg

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by jbelectric777, Dec 19, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jbelectric777

jbelectric777

Nov 29, 2012
    I have a simulation download thats free (Yenka) I have my 555, counter and decoder IC's working fine but the decoder that accepts binary 8-4-2-1 and converts to the proper a-i lcd's on the 7 seg does not give anything on the outputs, nothing. Either I have something wrong or my free hobbyist license doesnt include those kind of projects, meaning maybe they feel thats more than a hobby. If I bypass the decoder and go direct to the lcd elements I need with 220 ohms current limiter resistor it works but the decoder binary with say 1 on inputs 8 and 1 with 0 on inputs 2 and 4 I dont get the 9 lit nor is there any ma current at all on any elements marked a thru i. What do you guys/gals think? Thanks in advance. Jim - Wilkes-Barre Pa:)

2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    You are talking about LCD and then about a 7-segment and current limiters. Which are you using? What decoder chip?

Bob

Ask a Question