Connect with us

Decade voltage regulation box

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Pexy, Apr 7, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Pexy

Pexy

Feb 21, 2016
    Hy I was wondering if it's worth and if it would be usefull to build a decade voltage regulator box that you could change output voltage regulation for example 3,5,9,12V using n-way switch(n=number) and a few voltege regulating circuits.

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    What is your amperage?
    There are plenty of selectable wall-wart adapters available here in the States for cheap.
    Unless this is some high amp application, and you just want to use it for low amperage circuits, I'd look around for the inexpensive pre-made selectable voltage regulators.

3. Pexy

Pexy

Feb 21, 2016
    It would be low voltages and for the amps im not so sure. I would use it to change fix voltages forom a fix voltages forom a computer PSU.

4. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    You can use a programmable three-terminal regulator, such as an LM338, and drive the programming terminal from a digital-to-analog converter to create a computer-programmable voltage output. Or use discrete transistors driven from logic-level outputs to select the output voltage:

[​IMG]
    Above schematic from TI datasheet for LM338.

5. Pexy

Pexy

Feb 21, 2016
    Thanks I will look it up and see what would be the best option.

Ask a Question