Connect with us

DC Light Sequencer

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Carl Hall, May 8, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

May 8, 2018
    Hi, my 1st ever post. I recently bought a Metro Tube Line board. It still has the wiring for each bulb at each station. I have tested and the bulb takes 5v DC. My question is where could I find a sequencer to light the bulbs 1 at a time, at each station? There are at least 24 stations/bulbs end to end. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Welcome to EP.
    Today the most simple arrangement will ionvolve a microcontroller for the sequencing plus a set of driver transistors for powering the lamps.

Of course other methods do exist. Here are a few examples:
    - You could use a digital counter. A CD4017 chip will count to 10, for more lamps (24 in your board) you will need additional decoding logic.
    - Or use the discrete multistage light sequencer from this website which can easily be expanded to 24 stages.

3. timff

timff

Apr 13, 2018
    You may not find a purchasable sequencer at a realistic price. To build one there are several approaches. You may want to select a cascadeable shift register to get the number of outputs you need. If your bulbs take more than 10-20ma each, you may have to isolate the digital outputs using higher current transistors to drive the bulbs.

4. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

May 8, 2018
    Thankyou Harold I will take a look

5. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

May 8, 2018
    Thankyou I will take a look

Ask a Question