Connect with us

DC drive help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by kadam, Oct 14, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. kadam

kadam

Oct 14, 2011
    I have an old, malfunctioning, machine tool that I'm trying to repair. The circuit that sends signals to the DC drive is fried, so I'm attempting to circumvent from an outside source. Currently I have all the switches running through a breadboard, with an external 12Vdc power supply, and an internal 24Vdc ps providing the 24Vdc. What do I need to connect to the common connections? Also, there is a connection for +24Vdc, but not -24Vdc, how does that work? Everything else is hooked up, and I do get some response from the diagnostic lights, but not enough to get the drive going. The connections in question are 1-18 on the TB4 side of the diagram.

Thanks in advance

-Adam

SOUTHCON_DC12_DIAGRAM_Page_1.jpg

2. JDC

JDC

Nov 3, 2011
    do you have a schematic of the mother board? how about a dwg of the breadboard sw and how you have it connected.

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    well -24V is 24volts lower than 0V but it doesnt say on that board that you need -24V

I suspect want you really mean is 0V or Common line there are several common lines on that terminal strip, you will probably find they are connected together

cheers
    Dave

Ask a Question